Your safety is our top priority.
We continue to consult with state and local officials to ensure that our members and staff have an enjoyable, safe experience in our YMCA facilities and programs. Please read the following information to learn more about what we're doing to maintain a healthy environment at your YMCA.
Please note: these protocols may change based on CDC guidelines and state and local directives in the interest of maintaining the safest environment and experience for our staff and members.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- The entire facility will be cleaned and disinfected throughout daily operations and after closing each day.
- All equipment is thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant throughout the day and after closing each evening.
- Members will be asked to use provided cleaning supplies to clean equipment before and after each use.
- Public entry/exit doors and public counters are cleaned with disinfectant throughout the day.
- Frequently touched surfaces (examples: elevators, stair handrails and door handles) will be cleaned throughout the day with disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
Facility Air Quality
- We've installed MERV-11 air filters throughout our space to enhance air filtration. MERVE filtration removes up to 85% of particles in the air that are the size of COVID-19.
- We've adjusted air dampers when possible to reduce recirculation and improved central air filtration to the highest level compatible within each system, without reducing adequate airflow.
- We've increased ventilation rates within existing systems where possible.
- We constantly run our HVAC system during operating hours to enhance air exchanges in the building space.
- We've disabled demand-controlled ventilation where possible.
Policies and Protocols
- All staff and members ages 5 and older are required to wear masks at all times when they are indoors at YMCA facilities.
- Masks are not required when you are outdoors at YMCA facilities. You are welcome to continue wearing a mask outdoors, but it is not required.
- Should you have questions about mask accommodation requests, please ask YMCA staff.
- Social distancing markers and reminder signage are posted throughout the facilities. Be sure to stay 6-feet apart.
- Any individual who is not feeling well or displays any symptom of an illness may not enter the building.
By attendance in our program and scanning in our facilities, you are acknowledging and accepting our updated waivers and permissions. If you have questions about your YMCA account, contact YMCA Customer Service.