Your safety is our top priority.
We continue to consult with state and local officials to ensure that our members and staff have an enjoyable, safe experience in our YMCA facilities and programs. Please read the following information to learn more about what we're doing to maintain a healthy environment at your YMCA.
Please note: these protocols reflect the latest CDC guidelines and state and local directives that help us maintain the safest environment and experience for our staff and members.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- The entire facility will be cleaned and disinfected throughout daily operations and after closing each day.
- All equipment is thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant throughout the day and after closing each evening.
- Members will be asked to use provided cleaning supplies to clean equipment before and after each use.
- Public entry/exit doors and public counters are cleaned with disinfectant throughout the day.
- Frequently touched surfaces (examples: elevators, stair handrails and door handles) will be cleaned throughout the day with disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
Facility Air Quality
- We've installed MERV-11 air filters throughout our space to enhance air filtration. MERVE filtration removes up to 85% of particles in the air that are the size of COVID-19.
- We've adjusted air dampers when possible to reduce recirculation and improved central air filtration to the highest level compatible within each system, without reducing adequate airflow.
- We've increased ventilation rates within existing systems where possible.
- We constantly run our HVAC system during operating hours to enhance air exchanges in the building space.
Policies and Protocols
- Please be sure to read and follow our updated mask mandates. Our YMCAs will be in compliance with local and state regulations.
- Please stay home if you have a fever, don't feel well or have had recent exposure to COVID-19.
By attendance in our program and scanning in our facilities, you are acknowledging and accepting our updated waivers and permissions.