At the YMCA, we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe by following state and local guidelines.
Following NC DHHS guidance, we have developed some new protocols, these include social distancing efforts and cleaning procedures. please note, all policies are subject to change in accordance with any new guidance.
In order to keep all participants safe, we have instituted the following health and safety protocols:
- All equipment will be sanitized at halftime.
- Masks are required at all times when you are inside YMCA facilities.
- Masks are not required when you are outdoors at YMCA facilities. You are welcome to continue wearing a mask outdoors, but it is not required.
- Spectators will be limited to those living in the immediate household of the athlete.
- Spectators will be required to sit six feet away from other families and six feet from the field or court.
- League schedules will be designed to leave time between games. This limits the number of people entering and exiting the areas and allows us to sanitize equipment between games and practices. This may mean that there are fewer games scheduled for each team.
Coaches, parents and players will not be allowed to participate if:
- They have tested positive for COVID-19 or awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- They are showing the following COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new cough or new loss of taste or smell).
- They have recently had close contact (within 6 feet, for 10 minutes or more) with a person with COVID-19).