At the YMCA, we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe by following state and local guidelines.
Following NC DHHS guidance, we have developed some new protocols, these include social distancing efforts and cleaning procedures. please note, all policies are subject to change in accordance with any new guidance.
In order to keep all participants safe, we have instituted the following health and safety protocols:
- Masks are required at all times when you are inside YMCA facilities., except for youth sports participants in cities or areas with lifted mask mandates.
- Masks are not required when you are outdoors at YMCA facilities. You are welcome to continue wearing a mask outdoors, but it is not required.
Coaches, parents and players will not be allowed to participate if:
- They have tested positive for COVID-19 or awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- They are showing the following COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new cough or new loss of taste or smell).
- They have recently had close contact (within 6 feet, for 10 minutes or more) with a person with COVID-19.
*Please contact your local sports director for guidance if any of these considerations are applicable.