At the YMCA, we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe by following state and local guidelines.
Following NC DHHS guidance, we have developed some new protocols, these include social distancing efforts and cleaning procedures.
In order to keep all participants safe, we have instituted the following health and safety protocols:
- All equipment will be sanitized at half time
- All staff, coaches, participants and spectators will be required to wear masks at all times.
- All staff, coaches, participants and spectators will be required to have their temperatures taken and answer COVID screening questions before entry to the field area.
- Spectators will be limited to those living in the immediate household of the athlete.
- Spectators will be required to sit six feet away from other families and six feet from the field.
- League schedules will be designed to leave time between games so as to limit the number of people entering and exiting the field, and to allow for sanitizing equipment between games and practices. This may mean that there are fewer games scheduled for each team.
All individuals, players and parents, entering the facility will have their temperature taken and will be asked a series of prescreening questions by a staff member.
Coaches, parents and players will not be allowed to participate if:
- They have tested positive for COVID-19 or awaiting COVID-19 test results
- They are showing the following COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new cough or new loss of taste or smell)
- They have recently had close contact (within 6 feet, for 10 minutes or more) with a person with COVID-19)
The YMCA requires coaches to wear face coverings at all times.
Athletes are required to wear face coverings at all times during YMCA sports.
Spectators are required to wear masks at all times. Spectators are subject to a 25-person cap, per field, per state guidelines. For example, if there are five adjoining soccer fields, each of the fields may have up to 25 spectators on each field.
Spectators are required to wear masks at all times. We ask that you limit to one spectator per player. Spectators must be seated six feet apart and six feet from participants.