At the YMCA, we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe by following state and local guidelines.
Following NC DHHS guidance, we have developed some new protocols, these include social distancing efforts and cleaning procedures.
Complete the daily screening process prior to your athlete's/child's participation in our sports programs. Here are the steps for the screening:
- Take the athlete’s/child's temperature at home prior to arriving at the program.
- Upon arrival at the site, using a smartphone, complete the online screening. Click this link to access the form.
The screening is quick and takes a minute or less to fill out.
Once the screening form has been successfully completed and the child has passed the screening process, they may join the program.
All individuals, players and parents, entering the facility will have their temperature taken and will be asked a series of prescreening questions by a staff member.
Coaches, parents and players will not be allowed to participate if:
- They have tested positive for COVID-19 or awaiting COVID-19 test results
- They are showing the following COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new cough or new loss of taste or smell)
- They have recently had close contact (within 6 feet, for 10 minutes or more) with a person with COVID-19)
The YMCA requires coaches to wear face coverings at all times unless actively engaged in an activity.
Athletes age 5 and older should wear face coverings at all times unless actively engaged in practice activities.
Spectators are required to wear masks at all times. Spectators are subject to a 25-person cap, per field, per state guidelines. For example, if there are five adjoining soccer fields, each of the fields may have up to 25 spectators on each field.
Spectators are required to wear masks at all times. We ask that you limit to one spectator per player. Spectators must be seated six feet apart and six feet from participants.