The YMCA Families On! Challenge, presented by Delta, is a fun, family race specifically designed for all ages and athletic abilities. Family, friends, co-workers and teammates experience a unique race theme, “Get Out & Go!”
This self-paced, 2+ mile outdoor adventure course features 20+ creative challenges and obstacles. Race participants will play in the mud, slide down a massive slip and slide and so much more!
Date and Location
The Families On! Challenge will be held on May 1, 2021, rain or shine at the A.E. Finley YMCA.
What to Expect
The course is approximately 2+ miles with multiple obstacles. Participants will run the race heats throughout the day. The first heat starts at 9 a.m. and the event ends at 3 p.m.
Registration is now open. Participants will select a heat time during registration. Register by April 22 to get your free YMCA Families On t-shirt.
Registration closes on April 30, so sign up today!
Note: All ages may participate, but someone 18 years or older must fill out the online registration and make the purchase.
$50, per family (Member)
$55, per family (Participant)
Race Day: What You Need to Know
Race and Safety Protocol
- First thing, HAVE A FUN DAY WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
- We will be performing teperature checks for all participants, staff and volunteers.
- Hand sanitizers and wipes will be available throughout the course.
- We encourage all participants, staff and volunteers to follow the 3 W’s.
- We encourage participants, staff and volunteers to bring masks and wear them any time they are within 6 feet of someone not in their cohort (family).
- We will have staggered heat times throughout the day, helping to limit the number of people on the course. When you signed up, you would have chose a heat time for your group. You should arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your heat.
- There will be 6ft spacing reminders in any waiting areas.
- Entry and exit points will be clearly marked on the race course. Please follow any posted instructions or directions.
- Throughout the course we will provide disposable cups for water and water coolers. Participants are encouraged to bring their own water bottles.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if I’m not in good shape?
If you can drive carpool, cut the grass, push a buggy at the grocery store, or walk the dog, then you are in perfect shape for the YMCA Families On! Challenge. The course is self-timed. We want you to race at your pace.
Do I have to do all the challenges?
Of course not. We think you’re going to want to, but you can easily walk around any of the challenges and cheer on your family team from the other side.
What should I wear? Will I get dirty?
Let’s just say keep your pearls at home and throw on whatever you normally wear to exercise. You might get a little wet, foamy, and find some paint along the course.
Can I bring my pet?
No. We love dogs, cats, horses, guinea pigs, snakes, birds, ferrets and more, but please leave them at home.
What should I bring?
- Change of Clothes
- Towel (just in case)
What if it rains?
We are going to have too much fun to let a little rain stop us! Most of our challenges are designed to be completed rain or shine. If it rains, you may want to bring a raincoat or some shoes that you don’t mind getting wet. In the event of severe and threatening weather, the race may be postponed or canceled. The logistics of planning and setting up the YMCA Families On! Challenge make refunds impossible.
What if I’m pregnant?
We suggest you participate based on the recommendations of your doctor. You can easily walk around any of the challenges and cheer on your family team from the other side.
What about safety?
The YMCA Families On Challenge will follow all current local and CDC guidelines with respect to health and safety.