Community engagement and collaborations are the hallmarks of how the Y is and will remain responsive to the entire Durham community. Here are some of the key partners of the Downtown Durham YMCA.
- Duke Health partners with the Y on health programs, including guidance on COVID-19 protocols and a referral system to local diabetes prevention programs.
- Lincoln Community Health Center promotes and provides space for chronic disease prevention programs for the community that are staff and operated by the Y.
- Durham Public Schools provide space for Y Academic Support programs and summer day camps. In addition, DPS helps identify children for these programs.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC funds a portion of the Y's Medical Membership program. The Y enrolls participants in this program and other health initiatives like the Diabetes Prevention Program and LIVESTRONG at the YMCA for cancer survivors.
- Durham Children's Health Initiative works closely with the Y on programming for children across Durham including after school and camp programs for students identified by DCI.
- Multiple faith communities offer volunteers, financial assistance to children and teens who participate in Y programs, and space for in-person educational programs during the pandemic.
- 16,000 children, adults and seniors were served by the Y in 2020
- 500+ children participate in academic support programs throughout the year
- 80,000 meals delivered during the pandemic