New Safety Measures & Health Screening
- We will take the temperature of all YMCA Youth Staff each day.
- We will take the temperatures of children prior to entry in Before School or Scholastic Support Centers each day.
- YMCA Youth Staff are required to wear masks while inside and while outside if social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Per state recommendations and school guidelines, all children are required to wear face masks inside and outside when social distancing is not possible.
The YMCA will perform temperature checks and health screening questions at each Before School site. Children in YMCA After School programs will have gone through their school's screening process and will not be screened again upon entering YMCA After School.
The YMCA follows the same screening guidelines as the school system.
We will perform the same screening process as the school system. If a child is unable to attend school due to an increased temperature or screening question, he or she cannot attend YMCA Before or After School programs.
We will require all YMCA staff and campers to meet the health screening criteria below. Please review the information below before registering your child (ren).
All students and staff are required to verify a daily screening each day before entering the program. A YMCA program director will ask you and your child these questions at drop off.
Maintaining a Healthy Environment Each Day
- If your child needs to take medication during the day, please bring the medication in the original container with your child’s name on the container.
- Please complete the YMCA of the Triangle Medication Authorization Form.
- All staff and participants must complete the daily screening assessment prior to entering the program.
- Children will wash hands upon arriving at their program location, before and after lunch, before and after going outside and at other times during the day.
- School programs held at non YMCA locations will follow the same YMCA standards for cleaning protocols.
- These include frequent disinfection of high-touch, high-traffic areas and daily, overnight enhanced cleaning.
- Activity areas will be cleaned in between groups.