The YMCA of the Triangle has 11 outdoor pools for members to enjoy. We’ve got lap lanes, toddler pools, zero-entry pools, water slides and splash pads. Not to mention generous deck space, plenty of chairs and even shade.
We encourage all our YMCA members to swim and play at any of our 11 outdoor pools.
Our outdoor pools are located at the following YMCA locations. Outdoor pools are open from May – September. Please check each location for specific hours of operation. Summer 2023 hours posted mid-May.
- A.E. Finley YMCA - opens May 20 (weekends)
- East Triangle YMCA - opens May 13 (weekends)
- Hope Valley Farms YMCA - opens May 20 (weekends)
- Kerr Family YMCA - opens May 13 (weekends)
- Kraft Family YMCA - opens May 20 (weekends)
- Northwest Cary YMCA - currently open with Family Swim beginning on May 13
- Poole Family YMCA - planning for May 20 opening
- Southeast Raleigh YMCA - opens May 13 (weekends)
- Taylor Family YMCA - currently open with Summer Hours beginning on May 20
- YMCA at Knightdale Station - opens May 19 (weekends)
- YMCA at Meadowmont - opens May 27
Big Splash Pool Bash
Our annual Memorial Day Weekend pool kick-off event is back! This annual event takes place at outdoor pools across our area and is a YMCA member-only event. Joins us for the official kick-off for summer. To find an event near you, visit our events page and use search "splash".
Outdoor Pool Guest Policies
We welcome guests of members at our outdoor pools, Monday through Friday. Weekends and summer holidays are reserved for YMCA Members only. Please check with your location. YMCA guest fees and general policies can be found here.
Swim Band Policy
We use swim bands to easily identify swimmers of different skill levels. If children in grades 8 and younger want to use designated areas of the pool and ride the slides, they need to earn a yellow/white swim band. Specific swim assessment proficiencies can be found at each outdoor pool.
Inclement Weather Procedures
All YMCA indoor and outdoor pools will close during inclement weather and remain closed for 30 minutes after the last occurrence of thunder or lightning. All members and guests must leave the pool deck. Outdoor pool members and guests must leave the pool deck and wait in vehicles when an outdoor pool closes for thunder or lightning.
Most YMCAs have Facebook groups dedicated to their outdoor pools. We encourage you to check these groups if you are concerned about the weather prior to coming out.
Please observe all rules posted at YMCA pools. The top three rules to know before you come are:
- Leave all glass, alcohol and pets at home
- Inflatable items, such as water wings, inner tubes and rafts, are prohibited
- Children and non-swimmers must be supervised by an adult age 18 and older at all times