Summer Camp Volunteer Opportunities
Looking for a fun way to spend your summer? Summer Camp Volunteer Applications Now Open! We have volunteer positions open for half-day, full-day, sports, specialty, and adventure camps. A small amount of time can make a big impact in a child's life.
The first step is to read about our various camps. New Volunteers can sign up here for one of three group interviews. Sign up for the earliest possible slot in order to qualify to volunteer. Makeup interview times and individual interviews will not be offered. Applications accepted through April 25th. Returning volunteers do not need to interview.
Volunteer positions are available in the following camps:
Wee Camp & Kinder Camp
Half-day camp for our youngest campers (ages 2 – rising Kindergarten) including water play, songs, arts & crafts, games, devotions and outdoor play. Help provide safe, fun-filled opportunities for social and skill development.
- Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. —1:00 p.m.
- Ages to volunteer: Rising grade 7 and up*
Do you love to swim, love to help kids make new friends, like to hang out in the sun for a few hours and want to know the in’s and outs of how a pool works? Join us for pool camp.
- Monday-Friday: 9:30 a.m.— 12:30 p.m. or 12:30 p.m.—3:30 p.m.
- Taylor Family YMCA lower pool
- Ages to volunteer: Age 15. Swimming at a black band level
Use your experience to help train campers (Rising grade 1-8) in volleyball, or jump rope.
- Monday—Friday Times vary
- Taylor Family YMCA
- Ages to volunteer: Rising grade 9 and up
Camp Rising Sun
Help us make this a summer to remember through fun and challenging activities. Help us lead kids grades K-8 learn personal responsibility, build character and make new friends.
- Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Alternate shifts available, coordinate with Director)
- Taylor Family YMCA
- Ages to volunteer: Rising grade 11 and up
Camp High Hopes
Join our community outreach camp at West Cary Middle School. You can expect fun-filled days with endless opportunities to help kids grades K-8 engage in active sports, learn new skills and make new friends. There will be swim lessons, tutoring and some amazing field trips.
- Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- West Cary Middle School
- Ages to volunteer: Rising grade 11 & up
Camp Blazing Trails
Come volunteer at a unique half-day camp located at Lake Crabtree Park. Join us as we focus on the environment and the great outdoors. Help us teach campers (5 years - Rising 8th) about hiking, fishing, canoeing, archery and much more.
- Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Lake Crabtree County Park
- Ages to volunteer: Rising grade 9 & up
Please contact Melinda Thomas, Volunteer Coordinator at Melinda.Thomas@YMCATriangle.org for questions about the process.
*Rising grade 7 & 8 volunteers must be YMCA members