This spring, YMCA flag football will offer small-sided league play. Games will take place with fewer athletes on the field than a typical season. In addition, for families who are not ready to participate in games, we will offer regional academy style clinics. We're committed to keeping players, coaches and spectators safe at the YMCA.
Health and Safety
In order to keep all participants safe, we have instituted the following health and safety protocols:
- All equipment will be sanitized at half time
- All staff, coaches, participants and spectators will be required to wear masks at all times.
- All staff, coaches, participants and spectators will be required to have their temperatures taken and answer COVID screening questions before entry to the field area.
- Spectators will be limited to those living in the immediate household of the athlete.
- Spectators will be required to sit six feet away from other families and six feet from the field.
- League schedules will be designed to leave time between games so as to limit the number of people entering and exiting the field, and to allow for sanitizing equipment between games and practices. This may mean that there are fewer games scheduled for each team.
2021 Spring Season
East Triangle YMCA (Johnston County)
Spring Season: March 20 - May 15
U8, U10, U13 & U15
Kraft Family YMCA
Late Spring Season: May 1 - June 26
U6-U8, U9-U10, U11-U12 & U13-U15
Poole Family YMCA
Spring Season: March 27 - May 22
U8, U10 & U13
Teams are formed based on age. See below for ages and locations. Please refer to our age chart to determine your child's age group league.
All players must have and wear a mouthguard and wear athletic bottoms with no pockets during play.
YMCA youth flag football recreational teams are led by volunteer coaches. All volunteer coaches undergo a background check and training. Opportunities are available for coaches and assistant coaches at all locations.
YMCA youth flag football teams play in the spring and fall and registration begins in January and June.
Feb. 1: YMCA Members
June 1: YMCA Members
June 15: Participants