The YMCA offers baseball, softball and tee-ball. Depending on age and location, teams may be coach pitch, machine pitch or off the tee, and practices and game schedules may vary.
This spring, YMCA sports will offer small-sided league play. Games will take place with fewer athletes on the field than a typical season. In addition, for families who are not ready to participate in games, we will offer regional academy-style clinics. We're committed to keeping players, coaches and spectators safe at the YMCA.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
In order to keep all participants safe, we have instituted the following health and safety protocols:
- All equipment will be sanitized within playing sessions. (When possible, players are encouraged to bring their own equipment - bats, helmets & gloves.)
- All staff, coaches, participants and spectators will be required to wear masks at all times.
- All staff, coaches, participants and spectators will be required to have their temperatures taken and answer COVID screening questions before entry to the field area.
- Spectators will be limited to those living in the immediate household of the athlete.
- Spectators will be required to sit six feet away from other families and six feet from the field.
- League schedules will be designed to leave time between games so as to limit the number of people entering and exiting the field, and to allow for sanitizing equipment between games and practices. This may mean that there are fewer games scheduled for each team.
Teams are formed based on ages U5 - U13. See below for details and locations. Please refer to our age chart to determine your child's age group league.
Players must have a glove to play.
Youth baseball, tee-ball and softball teams are led by volunteer coaches. All volunteer coaches undergo a background check and training. Opportunities are available for coaches and assistant coaches at all locations.
YMCA tee-ball, baseball and softball leagues play in the spring and summer and registration opens in January* and March.
Feb. 1: YMCA Members
Feb. 15: Participants
March 1: YMCA Members
March 15: Participants
Chapel Hill - Carrboro YMCA (hosted at the Lakewood YMCA)
April 10 - May 29
Tee-Ball | U5 & U7
Kraft Family YMCA
April 26 - June 26
Tee-Ball | U4-U5 & U6-U7