The Y offers a variety of strength training classes that combine the benefits of building strength with the motivation and positive atmosphere of a group exercise class.
These classes will increase your muscle endurance, enhance your cardiovascular ability and will develop coordination and balance. The classes below are offered at 15 locations and are for all levels.
Total Body Strength
- Specifically designed to introduce and reinforce proper fitness techniques
- Uses a variety of equipment for a total body workout
- Minimal cardio work with a focus on strength and sculpting
- Modifications offered for all skill levels
Carefully designed to introduce you to proper strength training technique, Total Body Strength makes use of a full lot of equipment to target every muscle group you have in one class. This class is a perfect way to build strength while sculpting your body and helping you get leaner. You'll get experience using resistance bands, free weights and other tools to get a full-body workout. Motivating music and challenging instructors always provide guidance, modifications and encouragement to keep you motivated and moving forward.
- For anyone who wants tighter abs, more balanced hips and stronger glutes
- Improves your balance and strength for both advanced workouts and every day activities
- A great way to get stronger quickly - classes are no longer than 30 minutes
Focused on strengthening your body's foundation, Core helps you connect the muscles around your torso to the rest of your body and strengthens you from your center. Every move you make starts with your core. This class helps you build strength in your torso so you'll be prepared to strengthen the rest of your body. The 30-minute workout will use bands and weights, along with body exercises to tighten your tummy and strengthen your hips and abs.
Find more Strength Training classes on our group fitness schedule.