The Downtown Durham YMCA wellness floor will be closed for the entirety of Monday, December 30 so we can rework the layout and install our new SYNRGY360 equipment.
While the wellness floor is closed for the day, we will continue to utilize the remainder of the facility as usual (group exercise studio, cycle studio, gym, pool, etc.) and we encourage members to utilize the American Tobacco branch's wellness floor.
WHAT IS SYNRGY360?
Achieve More - SYNRGY360 training helps exercisers of any fitness level improve their cardiovascular endurance, strength, flexibility, speed, power, coordination, balance, agility and more.
Can anybody use the Synergy?
- Yes, but please find a staff member on the wellness floor to show you proper mechanics for modules you may not know
Are there specific trainings for members?
- Yes, every Mon/Wed/Fri at 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., Saturdays at 9 a.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. Sign-ups will be at the access desk.
Can kids use the Synergy?
- Yes, once they have completed middle school orientation
My machine is no longer here, why would they remove it for this piece of equipment?
- The selected machines that have been removed are picked specifically because we can instruct a similar exercise to work the same muscle groups in a more efficient manner.
What type of workouts are different using this machine, versus the cable machine?
- This important piece of equipment involves training the body for the activities performed in a daily life. Helping the body work efficiently together for a longer period of time. A cable machine has some limitation on movements that promote functional training.
What all is on the Synergy?
- Battle ropes
- Rope pulley
- Cable cross
- Parallel bars
- Monkey bars
- and MORE...
For additional information or assistance with the SYNRGY360 equipment, please see our wellness floor staff or contact Chelsea Butler.