We're hosting regular blood drives with The Blood Connection at the A.E. Finley YMCA.
Advance signups are available by searching for sponsor name "YMCA - A.E. Finley" online or choosing a date-specific link below.
Upcoming events are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, February 14, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 18, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 20, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 22, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 17, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 12, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
A CRUCIAL NEED
The need for blood never goes away, and these stats prove it. Someone in the U.S. needs blood every two seconds, and one in ten patients who show up to a hospital will need blood. Over 800 people need to donate every day to meet the daily needs of the hospitals we serve. Blood is only good for 42 days. It can’t be replicated or produced. It is because of our volunteer blood donors that blood is there for local patients in need of transfusions. That’s neighbors helping neighbors in the best way. The reason to donate is simple…it saves.