In the last few months, the YMCA has been working with state and local school and health officials to ensure that our YMCA School Programs are safe, academically enriching and meet the needs of our school communities.
As with many things this year, our school programs have changed a bit. Please read the following to understand what we're doing to meet the needs of our parents, the community and of course, the children.
Drop Off & Pick Up
- Drop off and pick up will be outside the building. Look for Rides In/Rides Out signage and additional signs to direct you to the right place.
- Our staff will greet you outside when you arrive and when you come to pick up your child.
- We ask parents not to enter the building.
Social Distance Huddles
- Students will be placed in groups of 10. Children will remain in this small group throughout the day.
- Our creative staff team has planned activities that are engaging and that will also keep your children as safe as possible while allowing for social distancing, no equipment being passed from person to person and no large group interaction.
- We will operate with a 1:10 staff to child ratio
- Two huddles can gather in the same room as long as social distancing requirements can be maintained.
- Huddles can only interact with their assigned “partner” huddle. For example, Huddle A and Huddle B can play games together but only with each other.
- Students will remain in their huddles and with their counselor and rotate to activities.
- School Programs will not offer open programming or "choices".
- Students will have access to quiet rooms, Wi-Fi and adequate work space to complete their online school classes and sessions.
- We will strive to not share equipment, and there will be no large group activities.
- While children will remain with huddles and counselors, activities will be more individually focused. These activities include gym games, outside time, KidFit classes, brain games and STEM activities.
After School, Before School and Scholastic Support will be available as one, two, three, four or five-day, per week sessions. Each week parents can choose the days they need care. These days can change each week depending on a parent's schedule.
Parents can register their child(ren) for the weeks they need programs. You must register at least two days prior to your program start date. For example, if your child needs care on a Monday, you must register him/ her by midnight on Saturday.
Each week of programming is sold individually.
The YMCA requires a $5 deposit per week, per program. The balance is due on the first of the month. For example, all August care payments are due on August 1. The YMCA will draft your account or charge your credit card on this day.
Due to the ever-changing nature of COVID, we are offering YMCA School Programs for registration through Oct. 30, 2020.