Exciting Enhancements to Your YMCAs
We continue to look for ways to better serve our members and enhance their experience at our facilities. In recent months, several YMCA of the Triangle locations have undergone significant facility improvements.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and flexibility during each project, and hope you enjoy our improved spaces!
A.E. Finley YMCA
Our A.E. Finley YMCA received a grant that helped us build a brand new entranceway to our sports fields. With this new entranceway, we are able to visually reflect our Y core values of caring, honestly, respect, responsibility, and faith in God that help our young athletes on and off the field. The entranceway includes five flagpoles, each one with a flag that represents one of our core values.
Chapel Hill-Carrboro YMCA
Members and guests at our Chapel Hill-Carrboro facility now have renovated men’s and women’s locker rooms complete with updated furnishings, new keyed lockers, individual showers, and keyless entry sauna and steam room access. Check out the new design here.
In February our Chatham YMCA moved to a more welcoming and functional facility at Main Street Station (287 East Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312). The Chatham YMCA’s fully-renovated space features:
- Expanded wellness floor
- Enhanced locker rooms
- Dedicated group exercise studio
- Expanded Playhouse child care space
- Cycles with new virtual instruction capabilities
- Les Mills virtual group exercise opportunities
Visit the Chatham YMCA Facebook page to see photos of this exciting new location.
Taylor Family YMCA
The Taylor Family YMCA proudly welcomes members to a more inviting and efficient first floor space. Improvements include:
- New and expanded social gathering spaces (in place of the former Welcome Center business desk)
- New welcome kiosks to more efficiently serve members and participants
- Brighter space with enhanced lighting and flooring
- New private restroom allowing for more versatile alternatives for families in the nursery area
- Optimized first floor flow and expanded program storage capacity
- Improvements to HVAC and fire protection elements