It's never too early to learn to swim at the Y! Classes are progressive, and taught year-round. All children are evaluated on the first day of class and placed in the class that best meets their current ability.
Basic skills taught
- blowing bubbles
- water acclimation
- leg and arm movement
- jumping off the side of the pool
Instructor to child ratio is 1:6 allowing plenty of time in the water. Parents are welcome to watch classes from the pool deck.
Is your child ready for swim lessons?
- Child can separate from the parent
- Child listens well and is able to take turns
- Child can obey simple instructions
- Child enjoys water and has expressed an interest
The Y knows each child is different and will progress at his or her own pace. Learning to swim takes time and patience. Y swim instructors will let parents know how each child progressed at the end of the session.